Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Green Earth

So I was in the mall at Green Earth today, the girlfriend wanted to check out a shirt of some sort. As she was busy searching for the perfect size and look I decided to take a look around this little shop that I had really never explored in the past. To my amazement I was able to find a lot of really cool things. In the back of the shop is a large collection of various daggers, battle axes, swords, and obsidian sculptures. Growing up completely surrounded by the fantasy world, I really, REALLY wanted all of those things. I would not really have any use for them but they are just SO cool. I love that kind of stuff. It is one reason why I love going to museums. The store has many other really cool things as well. In the front of the shop you can pick out different polished stones, gems, and shells. It reminded me of when in elementary school there was a sort of nature collecting club. Every week we would all meet up in what now is the computer lab, and would bring anything that we found out in nature. Bees nests, snake skin, quartz crystals of various colours, dried flowers, anything that you thought would be cool to bring. Then you could give these objects up to the club which in turn would give you a certain number of points. These points would be then used at the club or at Science North to purchase different natural items that we would want to add to our own personal collection. We also would get points just for going and everyone would eventually get something they really wanted. It was a pretty cool time and I loved collecting all the beautiful gems. Finally this store has a variety of kits for kids who are interested in different areas of science. A crystal growing kit, a volcano eruption kit, or an ant farm kit are only a few of the many kits for children to further their love of science, or to try and spark others to get interested in science. The store is definately a place to check out no matter what your interests are. I forsee myself making many purchases there :D. 

No comments: